Next Breath & Core Workshop – 3 July 2021
Thank you for the overwhelming response to the first TWO Breath & Core workshops. Because so many of you have asked for the next workshop date…well, here it is!
Breathe with more awareness and build a stronger and more connected core.
…by releasing tension, you will create more ease and awareness in the body to breathe better and access the deep core muscles.
Our poor posture (all those hours hunched over a keyboard or looking at electronic devices), emotional stress, mental pressure, conscious or unconscious movement patterns, and lack of movement all contribute to restricted, shallow breathing and tension in the diaphragm, your primary breathing muscle.
Each time we breathe, our diaphragm, which is a large muscle that wraps around our lower ribs and spine, contracts and relaxes.
- Sitting slumped forwards restricts the diaphragm’s full movement and other accessory breathing muscles are forced to take over.
- When we are stressed, we tend to take shallow chest breaths. If you are chronically stressed and aren’t breathing correctly, it can cause areas of pain to develop.
- Injuries and scar tissues may cause pain or tension which tends to limit or disrupt ease of breathing.
- Long-term improper breathing patterns can also cause discomfort in the chest and back muscles, weaken the muscles in the pelvic floor and lower back, and disrupt proper movement of the shoulders and spine, leading to neck and shoulder pain.
How does Breathing affect the Core?
The diaphragm, the abdominal muscles as well as the pelvic floor muscles are primary muscles for breathing.
And they also form the intrinsic core muscles. which generate intra-abdominal pressure. This intra-abdominal pressure is important in stabilising the abdomen, low back, chest and pelvis which is necessary for arm, neck or leg movements.
Proper diaphragm movement is required to engage and maintain the core.
The Breath and Core Workshop
This workshop will help restore the function to your entire torso and your back by improving biomechanics, mobility and stability to the tissues and muscles surrounding, supporting and enveloping your spine and core.
If you’ve been living with physical and emotional scars around these areas, undergone any back and/or abdominal related surgery, pregnancies included, this workshop will tenderly melt the layers of tension holding and allow you to listen and talk to your body. It is a perfect way to recover and revive the vitality of these tissues and experience the benefits of abdominal massage and belly breathing.
Coregeous Ball benefits:
- INFLATABLE: The Coregeous Ball is an inflatable air-filled sponge ball with a unique soft-stretchy “skin” that is used in conjunction with massage exercises that activate your core, stretch your psoas, improve the respiratory system and target spinal health.All abdomen and back tissues relate to one another, and this special tool allows you to gently and safely access your innermost abdominal while also releasing the spine.
- ON-DEMAND PAIN RELIEF: Pain relief can often start with an abdominal massage, and the proper tool can help activate this relief. The Coregeous Ball helps access deep abdominal layers, assisting to stimulate digestion, relax muscles and open up key respiratory function.
- ALLEVIATE STRESS & TENSION: The Coregeous Ball puts the power of healing back in your hands. Consistent use can help alleviate stress and tension throughout your body by stimulating the vagus nerve.
- IMPROVED MOBILITY & PERFORMANCE: Whether you are a runner, cyclist, CrossFitter, yoga enthusiast, frequent traveler or stay at home mom, you can benefit from improved mobility and performance with quicker muscles recovery times and injury prevention.
Breath and Core is a workshop that combines:
- Self-massage – Coregeous and Yoga Tune Up® therapy balls are used to release tension and mobilise tight spots in your body through a few effective and specific techniques.
- Myofascial Release and Stretch – Move and stretch the connective tissue and skin in your body to create more space, more ease, increase hydration and fluid circulation.
- Slow Mindful Movements and Breathing techniques – Encourage your nervous system to relax and down-regulate.
- Experiential Body Mapping – Establish your mind to body and body to mind connections through sensations felt while moving, breathing, stretching or during self-massage (see four points above). When your mind – body connection is strengthened, your body’s ability to listen (feel) and move with more care and awareness is also improved.
- Joint Mobilisation – Explore of the joints in their full movement range. This helps to encourage, develop and retain your muscle memory.
- Muscle activation and strengthening – Retrain your underused and weak muscles to activate (and strengthen them) so they can “do their job”.
- Integration – Putting everything you’ve learnt together into a few yoga poses or day to day activities. The faster you can put into practice what you have learnt and experienced, the stronger the mind and body connection will be
In this 3-hour workshop, we will explore :
- Your breath and muscles associated with breathing
- Ways to improve the texture, mobility and muscular response of the deep torso support muscles
- How to breathe to activate the core and establish a strong, connected and stable core
- Isolation, activation and integration of muscles and movements
- Growing a safer and stronger mind-body connection
- Feeling your anatomy in your own body
I promise that this workshop will be fun, educational and experiential.
Bring your friends and family along. This is a wonderful opportunity for them to learn how to release some of the tension away.
👉 This workshop is open to everyone, especially if you are a human being, a couch potato, or perpetually hunched over a desk or mobile device.
Absolutely no yoga experience is necessary – everyone is welcome!
3 July, Saturday
2 – 5pm
Pilates BodyTree @ Cecil
137 Cecil Street
(includes a Coregeous® Ball in Graphite)
Limited to 16 spaces!
Absolutely no yoga experience is necessary – everyone is welcome!
This workshop is for you if:
You’re a human being and want to:
- Take charge of your own well-being and health.
- Feel better in your body, move with more ease and mobility.
- Tried of being in chronic pain and discomfort.
- At a loss about where, how or what you can do to breathe with more ease.
- Feel better in just a few minutes
- Simple and effective exercises and movements that actually do work
- Understand your habits (why and what) that are producing the constant discomforts
- Release tension, knots and stress
- Relax and slow down
You’re a sporty person and want:
- Better more efficient breaths
- Faster recovery time from sports and other activities
- Reduce soreness and help assist tissue recovery process
- Improve joint range of motion
- Improve neuromuscular efficiency
- Improve proprioception
- Muscle relaxation
- Correct muscle imbalances
- Improve circulation
If you’re in the office and want:
- Easy and effective tension release exercises to do while at work
- More energy and better posture through breathing
- Lessen the tension in the lower back
- Better sleep
- Less aches and pains